We are a support for vulnerable pregnant women and new mums, and a listening ear for everyone.
Over the last ten years, Birmingham and Sandwell have had one of England’s highest infant mortality rates. The biggest reason is poverty and social deprivation.
Our Doula Service works closely with the NHS, statutory agencies and partners to tackle this by supporting at risk pregnant women and new mums. We do this by providing emotional, practical and expert support.
- A woman who has sofa surfed throughout her pregnancy
- A woman traumatised by FGM and Modern Slavery
- New mums too poor to afford the basics for their child
- Pregnant women living apart from their family and friends
- Pregnant asylum seekers unaware of their rights and unfamiliar with their local community
Our other priority is mental health. We run a telephone-based listening service delivered by a 30 strong team of trained volunteers who speak several community languages. The service is available to anyone living in Birmingham and Solihull.
People referred to us are often suffering loss, low mood, depression and anxiety.
Bethel Health and Healing Network is a registered charity limited by guarantee, established on Christian faith and principles. It aims to offer a range of services that will promote the health and well-being of Birmingham’s disadvantaged people and its environs by enabling them to maximise their physical, psychological and spiritual potential through achieving balance and wholeness within themselves, their relationships and their community.
People of all faiths, races and cultures are welcome to the services we offer without any fear of discrimination.
Since our formation in 2006, we have delivered a doula service primarily to asylum seekers. Since then, our work has expanded with plans to deliver further projects in 2022 – 2023 to support our mission to offer a range of holistic services that promote health and well-being to people in need.
To offer a range of holistic services that promote health and well-being to people in need.
To enable and empower people to become physically, emotionally and spiritually healthy.
- Diverse communities have access to quality mental health and well-being services.
- Bethel Health and Healing Network continues to be a place of welcome for those in need.
- Deliver and develop effective services for existing and new beneficiaries
- Increase our impact through strategic partnerships
- Bethel Health and Healing Network is an effective and sustainable organisation